Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wedding Anniversary.

Today is our 49th Wedding anniversary. I shared that on Facebook and one of my nephews shared some photos that his dad (my wife's brother) took on the day of the wedding.
It is funny, the photos are taken with us standing in the street doorway of the St Andrew Street Church of Christ, Dunedin. I was still a senior plumbing apprentice, working out the hours you had to do before you were made a full certificated plumber. I had done all my exams. On that day, absolutely nobody would have anticipated that later I would have served a 27 year term as minister of that Church! My wife still says when I am grumpy about ministry sometimes, "I married a plumber!" Life takes many strange turns.
Our niece (flower girl) my youngest brother, my mother in law, me and my bride, my father in law and my mum.

The happy couple with Jean's parents, siblings, partners and children.

2 comments:

Jepm said...

Life takes strange turns yet somethings remain constant. It is great to look back and know what we didn't know then. And would we want to know. Plumbers do first fix, installations and maintenance. All great skills for life. One of the changes is that word plumber comes from plumbum - a lead worker. thats a great change!

Ana Rauzan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.