Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Tired but encouraged

 A simple card...

On Saturday I received a simple hand made card with a handwritten note inside. In the late 1970's we ministered at the Palmerston North Church of Christ for six years. It was a very busy time but also a time of learning. It was our first full time ministry out of college, and I look back and recognise I would have done some things differently now.  They had recently heard about my terminal illness and as a Church decided to send the card.

"You are both in our prayers as a congregation as some still in the community that gathers here in Palmerston North still recall your ministry here and the huge contribution you made in their lives."

It was so encouraging to get this little note after what has sometimes been quite a miserable week when I have had times of feeling weak and quite sick. 

The Palmerston North Church of Christ. We built the chapel while we were in ministry there. 

I can still do it...

My daughter and son in law came out on Saturday. We worked on repairing and "hen proofing" a fence in our paddock. It required installing posts and hammering in stakes. We did not get it finished, but we were working quite hard until it was virtually dark. I am a little stiff and sore today, but I was quite pleased with what I managed to do. I really think the horrible chemotherapy must be improving my lung capacity. I was puffing hard at times, but I am sure that a few weeks ago I would not have been able to do what I achieved. It encourages me because there is one further fence I want to complete, and I now feel confident that I will be able to do it. 

1 comment:

Linda Myers said...

Yes. You will be able to do it.