Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bombed out with family on a Sunday afternoon.

With Theo at breakfast on Sunday morning.
This afternoon we had our daughter and son-in-law visit, our foster daughter (who has handicaps) and of course my son, daughter-in-law and grandson were visiting. I tended to just blob out and let the conversation go on around me.  It feels like I have had something going on or hanging over me for ever. I have not really had a clear day off in weeks, so with nothing planned for tomorrow and nothing I need to do until I start work on Tuesday, I relaxed (or Chillaxed" as my son calls it - a mixture of chilling out and relaxing) It is strange that when you stop after a busy time you suddenly feel really tired. It is like you have been running on adrenaline. I rested on my bed briefly once while waiting to use the bathroom.  A few seconds later my wife came in to tell me it was free and found me dead to the world - sound asleep. I woke and felt guilty - family was visiting and I was not being sociable! It is raining outside so we have a warm fire going inside and it has been one of those lazy afternoons. We ate well at lunch and had more treats mid-afternoon, so just now I am not a bundle of energy as I wait for our evening meal. We have since skyped with our family in Auckland and talked with the Edinburgh family by phone.  It has been a nice gentle family afternoon. 

No comments: