Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The only one in step? ... or maybe I have it wrong?

When I was at secondary school we had School Cadets. We all dressed as little soldiers, (sandpaper suits we called the shorts we wore!) shouldered old bore war .303 rifles and marched around. Of course we had to learn to walk in step... "left right, left right, left right, ...leeeft, ... leeeeft, " etc.  My dad, who was a Regimental Sargent Major during the war grilled us on how we were doing. "Did you march in step?"  "Of course!" we replied, "In fact I was the only one in step! The rest were all wrong!" we responded, just to have him on. 

We just had our Church Annual General Meeting. I feel a bit like that. As people talked about Church and as they got excited about the things they felt were important, I felt like asking, "Am I out of step? or am I the only one in step?"  What people think "church" is for is totally different than what I feel called to do. It is not that they are against me, they did not sack me, they give me a fairly free rein and don't complain. It it is just that I feel like they are not on my wave length! After 20 odd years they still don't get it!  I am still a square peg in a round hole and struggling to fit in. Oh well, they still pay me to do my thing, I should not grumble.

Exercise Report

Woe is me.... I have a sore hamstring again!

Sunday..... a run,

Monday... half a mountain walk.

Tuesday... Gym session and a great 9.5k run ... big buzz.

Wednesday... Church walking group.... and a 5 k run... Hamstring sore.

Thursday & Friday rest day....

Saturday ... struggled around 9.5 k 

Today.... 6.5 k fastish walk... hamstring too sore to run. It took months to come right last time, I hope it has not got that bad again.

No comments: