Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Like it is God!


I share a prayer and a picture. I combined the both of them years ago and they have graced the wall of my study at home for years. It rings bells for me this week. The picture is a copy of one by a Japanese artist, entitled "Give me eyes!" It was painted by the artist on the eve of his wife having an eye operation that may have given her sight. It looks like someone telling God how it really is.

Like it is, God!


I want you to listen
when I yell at the sky,
pound my pillow,
kick the ground,
throw stones at the stars,
slam doors
or swear at the world.

Perhaps thats not giving
all glory to God,
as others do
with folded hands
and frozen face,
but for me it means
I'm paying you
the highest respect there is:

It means I trust you with the truth
- all the truth about myself.

(All glory to God) N.C.Habel.

No comments: