Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A shower dome and a quote.


Today is my day off so we went to town and purchased a "shower dome." People tell me they are marvelous, keep the steam in the shower and even save on water heating? We will see. My wife has been suggesting it since we put our shower in. You buy this clear acrylic dome and you have to trim it to size. It recommends that it be installed by a "trained installer" because apparently the acrylic can crack and split and do all sorts of nasty things. I managed to trim it to suit our curved shower with my fancy "renovator" tool. I'm quite pleased with myself. We'll wait and see if it is as marvelous as they say. Who needs a "trained installer"?
While sneaking into my daughter's house to get my fancy power tool I found this quote. I quite like it.
"Will we march only to the music of time, or will we, risking criticism and abuse, march to the soul saving music of eternity?" - Martin Luther King (jnr)

No comments: