Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Monday, January 19, 2009

Learn from my mistake.

Last night I went to bed late doing stuff. I was also kicked out of bed early! Today I drove quite a distance. I was driving along chatting feeling just a little bit weary. I thought I would be OK till afternoon tea. But in an instant my eyes closed briefly and I found myself driving on the other side of the road. I was so lucky there were no cars coming the other way. I stopped immediately and my wife took over the driving.I have only come close to that once before in my life and I pride myself on enjoying driving and being able to keep driving forever. Perhaps I am getting old?:-) Any way I offer you this story as a warning. It can happen sooo fast!

I have been enjoying spending an evening talking with two of my sons and their partners. There are some good things about getting old. Wanda my car goes sooo well, she is the best car I have had.

No comments: