Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friends run away to Australia.


I have a few friends. One visits me for coffee every Friday morning and we catch up. The last two Fridays we have not been able to do that and we seem like strangers. We are Habitat for Humanity mates and it was strange starting on site today without first sorting out what we were doing with Martin. Martin heads away during the week to spend Christmas with his daughter in Sydney. 

Another friend, who I also met at Habitat, I run with on Sundays, when we can actually run. Sometimes its a walk, other times a walk/run. But again we tell each other stories about our lives during the week and generally catch up. Jane leaves tomorrow morning to go to Perth with her family for Christmas with family there. Already I am realising that I won't have my weekly "report in/story telling" time. 

My friends are running away to Australia? What have I done wrong? :-) It must be a nice place, millions of flies can't be wrong! 

We often take friendships for granted without realising how much our idle chatting means to us. I hope all my friends have a great Christmas.

Photo: On my knees again. I had a good time today working with two new young friends, Blaze and Patience. They loved the nail gun and even gave floating off concrete a go. Great kids.


No comments: