Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A good time...









A bike ride from our place in Sawyers Bay through to Aromoana, at the head of Otago Harbour was a great experience. It was a lovely sunny day and I saw a photograph every few minutes. Swans on the harbour; lambs in the paddocks; a family of big native ducks... mum, dad and three ducklings; the rolling swell of the sea; the beach with evening sun glistening on the sand and sea; Wood pigeons giving me a fright as I rode under their tree; two fishing boats coming home through the heads and all the time the physical thrill of peddling and leaning around the windy, but picturesque road. I thought it was a pretty good buzz all around, a nice lead up to a sumptuous evening meal - just about as good as.... but maybe I'll check that out later.... I may be easily pleased, but this was just about as good as it gets. :-) I planted a row of potatoes for Christmas/New Year... that's my day off... back into it tomorrow, but what a great place to live!

No comments: