Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just do it!

What's your theology?
My wife is a "professional volunteer". People ask me if my wife "works" and I have to say well "yes - but she doesn't get paid for any of it." (I think I would be sleeping alone if she ever heard that I said "no" to that question!) I reckon she works as hard, if not harder than most people in a paid position. The Church actually gets two people for the price of one, and there are other causes she volunteers for. One she has just taken on recently is that she looks after children for a group of women from different ethnicities while they have a "chai and chat group" in our Church building. (Run by the Multi-ethnic Council) She was there talking to a mother the other day and this lady began to ask about our Church. Her question was, "What is your theology?" My wife said she was not quite sure where to start in answering the question but the first response that ran through her mind was, "Theology? -  Just do it!"  In the words of Forrest Gump - "That's all I want to say about that."

No comments: