Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bathroom "do up"

Daughter & Son-in-law paint ceiling.

Old lead waste pipe for the bath and dodgy framing timber.

I have bashed an awful lot of concrete! Sore on hands.

Heavy old bath! Out it goes.

New shower tray installed. Long way to go.
I have been trying to pinch some spare time (That I am sure I am owed) to do up our bathroom. The old comfy bath came out and we are putting in a flash new shower, a new vanity unit, cupboard with mirror, new ceiling and a toilet cistern. (Eventually a repaint and new vinyl for the floor.) Pulling things out revealed major concerns with the basic structure of our old house. We also had to do a lot of chiseling at the concrete floor to make space for the shower waste. Nothing is straight or square so it is taking longer than we had hoped. Tonight we got some wall board up. Tomorrow night we should complete that and maybe have the vanity unit installed. By Saturday maybe we'll be able to shower at home again... maybe! Watch this space. Interesting going back to plumbing, its a bit hard when you do not have the full range of gear any more.

1 comment:

Bricky said...

Hi Dave
Do you have a use for the old bath?
If not, I would be happy to cart it away for you, as I've been thinking of establishing a worm farm in my backyard.
Regards
Keith