Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, May 25, 2012

We returned home... :-(

My son with his Lil Edie (Edith)

We installed the lower window and weatherboards. The beginnings of a downstairs workshop.

Edith and I had a special long time together this morning. She was wide awake and listening.

My son told me off but I sang all the songs I used to sing to him. Edith seemed to enjoy it. (She'll get more discerning fast enough!)
After visiting with my son, daughter-in-law and their new daughter Edith from Monday night till this morning, we returned home. I felt sad to be going because next time we see her she will be grown so much and we will not be on her radar. I had a lump in my throat as we said our goodbyes. My son and I had done a couple of projects on their house and there were more I was itching to get into and help him with. I do enjoy working with him. We have returned and will hit the decks running. I am in charge of shifting the night shelter tomorrow. Just now it is time to catch up on mail and phone messages, then ease into my lovely warm waterbed. :-)

1 comment:

Linda Myers said...

Beautiful girl, Edith! One more generation to love.