Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Who were they talking to?

The Christchurch Catholic Cathedral is to be rebuilt over the next ten years for 45 million dollars? Wow! They are not the only denomination to spend mega bucks on replacing earthquake damaged buildings with "same old" church buildings.  The Presbyterian parish I worship at in Dunedin, has two buildings. One an historical old church, the other a quaint little timber building. On a good Sunday just over twenty people attend Church. Millions are being spent restoring the big old historical Church.  ---Who did they consult? Did they consult Jesus? 

Must be a different bloke than I know. Maybe I am wrong, but it does not sit comfortably with me. I suspect he could think of a better use for the dollars.

No comments: