Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, May 15, 2009

For "God"...

We had just finished the information night for about 30 volunteers interested in helping at the Night Shelter. We were tidying up and unwinding and my friend told me this cute but profound story. A man was visiting Mother Teresa and looking at the sorts of things she was doing. He was amazed and said, "I would not do this for all the money in the world!" Mother Teresa is reported to have just quietly said, "Neither would I."

My friend is a lovely guy heavely involved in a christian caring agency on a voluntary basis as well as his night shelter work. He told the story, paused briefly and said, "Well Dave, our lives would be much simpler if it wasn't for God." Its true, but they would also be less fulfilling.

No comments: