Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Monday, June 13, 2011

A lazy day.


I have had my Monday off. I slept in! That was so good. I took a car in to the garage to be repaired. After a tasty lunch I fiddled around on another vehicle and took it for a test run on some country roads. Then I just mucked around in my workshop. I fixed up a tow rope. I repaired and soldered up some jump leads. I fixed my battery charger and found a new and better container for it. I threw out some rubbish. I sharpened some tools. I sorted things, tidied things, fixed things and generally just had a nice day among my "men things" in my messy workshop. (It was funny. I knew I had a bigger electric soldering iron than the one I was using, but I could not remember where I had stored it. I looked and looked. I finished the job with the small one and then almost immediately spotted the big one stored in a place that was quite visible, accessible and in front of my face all along! As soon as I saw it I said, "Of course, I remember, I knew it was there!" Blind as a bat!) A blissful day. I could do with another one like it tomorrow! Tonight I have answered some work emails, written up the Church blog and kept in touch with today's Christchurch earthquake events.

I have another busy week ahead. I have all the usual stuff but two extra meetings. I have an Inner City Ministers' meeting which is a couple of hours. I also have a meeting with two representatives of our denomination's national leadership team which will take most of the morning on Thursday. I am not really on their wave length, but I have been in their shoes so will meet with them. I will have to use every bit of spare time to make up for these lost hours though. Wish me luck. I do feel for Christchurch people though after another big shake up today. Wish I could help.

No comments: