Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Woops...


I was "googling" for a picture this morning and came across a similar blog site from an Episcopalian vicar. She had some good stuff in there but I noticed her disclaimer. I thought I better add something like it to mine or I may get into more trouble with my denominational hierarchy. Not that it matters much at my age. One of the benefits of age is that somewhere along the way you lose the desire or need to please all the people all the time. It is quite freeing... but my ministry still hinders a complete freedom. This is probably a good thing but the cartoon above depicts how I often feel within Church ministry. I must admit that my current congregation allows freedom to reach beyond the church boundaries, which helps to keep me sane.

No comments: