Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"How do I know I am in love?"

Some time ago I had a man come to me to ask if he should marry a certain woman. I was asking him did he "love" her? I asked in various ways..... He asked me, "What do you mean?" .... I said to my son in his wedding ceremony "Will you love.... etc." what did I mean? 42 years ago I asked my wife,(then just my girl friend) to "Define love?"

Are there any experts out there in cyberspace who can define it for me? How does one know when he or she is "in love"? Is it real or is it just an invention of the film makers? How does my friend know if this woman is THE one for him? I see my children and their partners. As a father I ask, have they made the right choice? They seem happy. Is there a "THE one" for us? I think there's a lot of confusion about this in our world.

Just a simple question. Surely someone knows!

No comments: