Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One year old!


Today my blog is one year old. It is still going and I still find it therapeutic to sound off from time to time. ... and no one has sacked me ... yet! I have another funeral this week so I have a post bubbling about "life after death". I cannot let the birthday go past without something though. Robert Muller was high up in the United Nations and I have a booklet of his quotations about life. Here is one that rings bells.

"So many unimportant things are being presented to us as important
that we are completely taken away from the essence of life
which is
to be in communion with God,
with nature,
with each other,
with the heavens
and with eternity.
Our divinity is being crushed by noise,
untruths and unnecessary ways of life.
We must revolt
and protect our importance and divinity."

I enjoy blogging... I hope occasionally there is something worth reading.

Photo: Me 21 years ago. Birthdays make a difference.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Are congratulations in order? I suppose they are!

This afternoon I was thinking about your recent post, "Is it fair to the dead?" and how much I agreed with it then -- and especially today.