Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, March 18, 2011

Broken dreams...



Many years ago I had a dark time in my life when a dream was trashed and I felt an absolute failure as a minister, as husband/father and as a person. During that time I found these lines. The bit of paper has been pinned to my noticeboard for about 24 years and has often inspired me to keep going. I read them when I came home from Drop-in centre on Friday night. I had watched the memorial service from Christchurch following the earthquake and the words seemed relevant.

One broken dream
is not the end of dreaming,
One shattered hope
is not the end of all;
beyond the storm and tempest,
stars are gleaming,
still build your castles,
though your castles fall.

Photos: - A man from Christchurch visiting Dunedin after the earthquake came to our "Space2B" during the week. He arranged with an old school friend to play the piano and violin together. The last time they had played together was when they were teenagers in the school orchestra. Part of the fulfillment of my dream for "Space2B".
- The tattered bit of paper which continues to inspire.

No comments: