Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, May 20, 2011

Worship?

Most of today I spent at a professional development day. We received training in conflict resolution. I went rather reluctantly because I have had a very busy week and could really not afford the time. I rushed to the office this morning, did a couple of emails and rushed out to the training venue. Straight after I went out to the fire stations then, after checking phone messages and emails directly into our Friday night drop-in centre. I have dried heaps of dishes, served food and spent time playing pool, conversing and joking. It was a good night. I listened to a number of people, there was a feeling of warmth and acceptance and lots of friendship shared. We packed up at 9:30 and piled all the rubbish and stuff in the cars. I went up to a woman, the town drunk, a lady I never the less quite like, and asked her if she wanted a lift home. She very respectfully and politely declined my offer, and her friend thanked me so respectfully for offering. ... As I walked to my car I had a warm fuzzy feeling. I was tired out, but somehow it felt like I had been to a really special worship service... it felt like God had been present in what we were doing. Love was present, so I guess he was.

And a friend who I have only met through this blog site, dropped a big Phantom comic book at the church for me. It will be my much appreciated bed time reading... it is so compelling and winds back the clock to my boyhood. Love the Ghost who walks.... thanks! And the women he rescues are also gorgeous! :-)

2 comments:

Anthony said...

That album is quite a rare collector's item, so I was really glad to get my hands on one in such nice condition for you.

I called around to give it to you personally (of course) but the place was locked up and I couldn't see anyone about; between 2:30 and 3:00pm maybe...?

Things have been sounding heavy for you, with much serious business and mentions of personal struggle... so I thought it may be time to find a quiet spot and concentrate on something just for fun -- although I still shed a tear at times and laugh out loud when reading those great old comics.

Dave Brown said...

I am enjoying dipping into it. Thanks so much, I look forward to meeting you some day. I really appreciate the gift. It will be kept carefully and loved.