Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas generosity (3)

There's a leading lawyer in town who has assisted us with our Christmas Day dinner for about four years now. He rang up and left a message on my phone and I rang him back... "Now about this Christmas dinner old man.... we usually give a modest donation... where can I send it?" The "modest donation" is usually several hundred dollars. "Now also you generally send me to pick people up then I bludge a free meal off you. Do you want my phone numbers so we can arrange that?" I joked with him that the free meal was why I did the Christmas dinner too. He said, "We'll bludge together then old man!" He was a school prefect when I began high school in Dunedin and gave me one or two detentions in my first year at Otago Boys High. It is funny that now later in life we have this once a year friendship. I think its cool.

No comments: