Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Too busy

I was going to take a "before and after video" of our Christmas day community dinner ... like the same video as my last post with the place full of people. But I was just too busy today. I estimate we had 270 there. Others have said 280 or 300. It was full on. But I am sure most went away happy. The biggest buzz is happy volunteers...... It is great to see volunteers going away absolutely stuffed (as in exhausted) but with big wide smiles on their faces. So many stories I could tell but that's enough. Relaxing with all my NZ based kids now. The boys are cooking a barbecue tea now, happily relaxed after a couple of cold beers.

1 comment:

Linda Myers said...

Tiring, but so, so worth it!

Thank you for your service.