Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Modest Donation" - Yeah right.

I wrote recently of a law firm who arranged what they termed a "modest donation" toward our Church's Community Christmas Day dinner. We received the envelope today. There was a Cheque in it for $1000. Wow. Modest? It enables us to breathe easy. Another lady gave $100, and another gave a heap of personally painted pine cones to help us decorate the place. We have been promised a further ham. It is all happening. I am finding it hard to get around to doing all I need to do, but it certainly is a great adventure, exciting even though this dinner will be number 23. People ask me sometimes, "Don't you want a 'normal' Christmas?" We have done it for so long I think I have forgotten what a "normal" Christmas is like. I realised that for most of our married life we have been running Christmas Day dinners. (we have been married 42 years.)

1 comment:

Linda Myers said...

Sounds like you're JC's friend.