Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas article..

Tonight I had to write a 100-150 word article about Christmas to go in an advertising feature in the local Otago Daily Times. I thought I may as well add it to my blog. Here it is...

On Christmas day I will be celebrating dinner with about 250 people. We will be remembering the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus in his life demonstrated the love at the heart of the universe and pointed to a “way” of life that has this God-like quality. His teachings, his parables and his relationships all demonstrated this generous, accepting, forgiving and healing love. His perspectives show that we are essentially brothers and sisters in the journey of life together. Christmas to me is a time when we can express and celebrate that solidarity together. May your Christmas be a time of love and togetherness.

No comments: