Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Crook again...

For the last few weeks I have had a wheezy chest after a bad cold/flu thingy. I think I am over that by Monday. Starting on Saturday I have had all sorts of niggling hassles. My back, my knee, my tummy and my head. I am getting around like a stiff old man and dragging myself around with no energy. I cannot really say I am sick enough to take time off, the work needs doing, but it is so annoying. I can't seem to shake it, the pains seem to move around my body. I am not sure what a doctor would say, there seem to be so many unrelated things making life difficult. There is something "mechanical" with my knee, I can touch the sore spot. The rest I am not sure of. I am scared to go to a doctor because I would not know how to begin to describe what is going on. A few weeks ago I was on top of the world, losing weight, running well and getting fitter. Now I have gone backwards, it is so annoying!

Then I watched on TV last night an attractive woman who a year ago completed a triathlon, but now confined to a wheel chair, she cannot even speak because of a motor neuron disease which will eventually take her life. No that would be really annoying.

I have just now received a phone call informing me that a close relative has been given a maximum of 2 years to live. That too would be annoying.

So I am not 100%, but better than a lot of people. I should count my blessings.

To younger ones among my readers. Value your health and ability to exercise while you can. Everything gets a little harder as you get older.

No comments: