Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Years day epiphany....

My last post said what I wish for you when I say "Happy New Year". In summary I wrote that I wish for you...
  • few times when you will have sadnesses and anxiety in your life.
  • a good measure of health and quality of life.
  • Friendships and warmth in relationships.
  • Depth in your life to anchor it.
  • Significance, meaning and fulfillment in your living.
  • Intimacy .. a close supportive friendship.
This is my wish for my close friends and family but also for others who I may not know.

Overnight it hit me as I reflected on my living that this encompasses my unconscious "mission statement" as I live and relate. This is what I seek to help facilitate in Church ministry, in my Drop-in centre, in chaplaincies and in my relationships. If I stopped to think about it I may add some other dimensions about our relationships to "life" and the world of nature, but essentially this sums up the goals of my life and ministry. I want to be doing things and relating in such a way that I help bring about these things in people's lives, whether they be close friends and family or more distant links. My goal in 2011 then is to keep trying to facilitate these in lives I can influence.

A penny dropped as I fell asleep somewhere near 1 a.m. this morning. Have a good New Years Day.

No comments: