Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunday night musings....

First....

Here are a couple of jottings that I have in my note book of bit's and peices... they relate to recent postings.

I expect to pass through this world but once

Any good thing therefore

that I can do,

or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature

let me do it now,

let me not defer or neglect it

for I shall not pass this way again.

---------------

There are two things

The ACTUAL and the IDEAL.

To be mature is to see the ideal

and to live with the actual.

To fail is to accept the actual

and reject the ideal

and to accept only that which is ideal 

and refuse the actual

is to be immature.

Do not reject the ideal

because you see the actual.

Maturity is to live with the actual

but hold on to the ideal.

- Derek Prince

Second... Love Hurts

I have shared with various people in the past week who are feeling some of the pains of life. Life is not going according to plan. I find that there is a big part of me which aches for these people.. I am sad because of their pain. I guess that's why Jesus wept over Jerusalem. Loving people hurts, you feel something of their pain and sometimes feel helpless, unable to do or say anything that will make it any easier for them.

Third..... Exercise report

I am still working on my fitness. Last week's report reads like this... Sunday>small run. Monday>45k bike ride. Tuesday>5.5k run. Wednesday>10k run. Thursday>Gym session. Friday>just a long session of Table Tennis at the Drop-in. Saturday> Lazy day.. nothing.. Tonight small run. ... I think I will be able to do a half marathon in July!!!? Watch this space.

No comments: