Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blobbing out on Sunday...


I began the week with a call to go to a workplace where there had been a suicide. The week included the normal chaplaincy hours at Fire Brigade, Ambulance and the brewery. Wednesday involved a walking group. On Friday I had to record a radio church service and on Saturday I had to talk at a men's breakfast about Habitat for Humanity, before going on site to work. Daughter Angela and husband were out of town so stuff they do fell to me... Newsletter, Power points, and setting up technical bits and pieces for the service as well as "pushing the buttons" during the service.  I kept a tally of the hours I worked this week... at least 59 - 60 hours for Church and chaplaincies and eight hours for Habitat for Humanity. A day of physical labour on Saturday when I am not used to it really made the muscles ache.

I coped! I coped reasonably well too! I did find that by Sunday morning I got tongue tied on some awkward sentences, I left the lap top at home and generally was not on top of my game. My son's polish partner Magda, had news that her mother had died in Poland. My wife has gone to Christchurch to support her. Tomorrow I visit the doctor and will try to make sure I have a day off. I wonder what my blood pressure will be?

No comments: