Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Monday, June 29, 2009

"What Jesus really said."


I have a little book called "Wisdom and Wonderment" by Alla Renee Bozarth. In it is a little bit of prose entitled, "What Jesus really said." I like it because it rings bells with my reading of Jesus and emphasises the "freedom to live" aspect, rather than the stifling religion that has often been perpetuated in his name. Here it is;

What Jesus Really Said

Not much.


I am here
now
with you.

I see you,
God-in-you.

I need to touch you.
I need you to touch me.

I need to be alone.
I will not leave you alone.


Respect all beings.
Be compassionate.
Take risks to help others
and to become your whole self.
Be present in every moment.
Love as fully as life allows.
Live as fully as love allows.
I love you.

Let yourself be loved.
Accept acceptance.

Remember me.

I reckon that's quite a good summary of the spirit of who Jesus is. I particularly love the words; Love as fully as life allows. Live as fully as love allows. A great motto for life! Just thought it was worth sharing with you.



No comments: