Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bits from my journey..





For night time reading I have been looking at a book entitled "More Pocket Positives". I thought I'd share 3 quotations...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, 1901 - 1978 (American Anthropologist)

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ... Helen Keller, 1880-1968 (Blind and deaf American writer and scholar.)

"I don't know what your destiny will be; but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." - Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965 (French medical missionary... theologian... musician... writer)

Photos: Taken on my bike ride to town and back tonight. (Bottom to top)

  1. On the harbour-side track it is good to see a number of people, walking, biking, skating and jogging. This exercise "nut" was kayaking, paddling for all he was worth up the harbour.
  2. The track looking toward Dunedin with clouds looming.
  3. After four days of sunshine it looks like Dunedin people can rest easy. The grey cloud we are used to was coming back over tonight. 
  4. I had to wait for one of the few goods trains at the point where the track crosses the railway line. It was gathering speed and shaking the ground as it passed.

No comments: