Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From the sugar packets.

When we were in a motel just after Christmas I discovered that the little sachets of sugar had sayings printed on them. Here are the ones I found cute...
  • The man who can't dance thinks the band is no good. - Polish proverb.
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Issac Asimau
  • One man with courage is a majority - Thomas Jefferson
  • I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
  • Successful people are very lucky. Just ask any failure. - Michael Levine
  • Don't be so humble- you are not that great. - Golda Meir
  • I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. - Fred Allen
  • Fool proof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools. - Gene Brown
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize. - Denis Leary
  • It's just a job. Birds fly, grass grows, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. - Mohammad Ali
  • As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder! - John Glenn
Just a bit of light reading.

No comments: