Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Burble

A worthwhile week.

I have made it through another week of ministry and chaplaincy. It has been a busy week with lots of jobs to catch up on and some extra responsibilities. It has been made more difficult by my being "emotionally tired" and still grieving. I come to the end of today, however, feeling I have done a worthwhile job of my duties. In all modesty, I thought I presented a great service this morning. As I drove home I thought, "I have still got it! I can still do well at this worship leadership job. That was as good as anything a younger Dave Brown did, perhaps with more wisdom and discernment."  It was a bit controversial so I await any backlash. It is funny how when you have succeeded in sharing your "fire in the belly", and you have done it well, you are motivated to get up and do it again. I am chaffing at the bit to begin designing next week's encounter.

Exercise Report

Last Sunday... smallish run.

Monday.... 26 k bike ride

Tuesday .... 9.5 k run.

Wednesday ... gym session.

Thursday .... gym session and 9.5 k run.

Friday ...... rest day...3 hours of table tennis and pool!

Saturday ..... 6.5 k run

Today .... 5 -6 k run.

Not bad for an old bloke! Still not loping along like I used to, but perhaps my expectations are too high.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Is your role to: say things the congregation agrees with; say things they do not agree with and never will; or say things they do not agree with but now will change their minds?

If either of the first two, is there any purpose to presenting a service at all?