Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love this sermon...

In Church this morning we had a clip from the film "Chocolat". It is the Easter Sunday sermon by the young priest in the village Church. I love it because it latches on to the spirit of a positive Jesus centred spirituality. Here is what he says.

"I am not sure what the theme of my homily today should be. Do I want to speak of the miracle of our Lord's divine transformation? Not really no. I don't want to speak of his divinity, I'd rather talk about his humanity. I mean... you know... how he lived his life here on earth. His kindness. His tolerance."

Listen... Here's what I think. I think we can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist and who we exclude. I think we've got to measure goodness by what we embrace. What we create and who we include."

You can watch an extended clip on U tube...

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNECte8PFEM&feature=related

No comments: