Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Goodbye my friend

I have just said goodbye to a friend. This friend is from Alaska and turns up every year for a week or two. He is keen on Habitat for Humanity and arrived early in the week asking what he could do. Well I put him to work doing vents in the base of a house. Yesterday he finished that job and he and I spent time together concreting in a big heavy gate post. I enjoy his friendship. He blows in and we just start off where we left the year before. He just had a cup of coffee with me and heads away now on his way back to Alaska and I won't see him till next year, if all goes well. I don't have a heap of friends so I value the friendships I have.

A quotation says;

"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."

Another...

"A friend is a person with whom you dare to be yourself."

Good bye Tom... Cya next year.

No comments: