Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why I like blogging.

At the end of last year my wife and I went out for an expensive meal. It was a gift to us, and we were told to make it something special. Even though I was not paying for the meal, I was aware of what it cost. You can bet that each mouthful of it was eaten slowly and tasted at least twice! One of the reasons I like walking in the bush is that you can allow your mind and emotions to catch up on life and taste life again. This is why I like blogging. You get to chew on life, like a cow chewing its cud, you get to think through your experiences, make connections, appreciate stuff again and taste it all anew. It matters not whether people read it, agree with it or enjoy it. I take a turn at leading a radio service every now and then. I asked the guy recording us, "Who listens to it anyway?" His response was, "It is not important who or how many listen, it is just important that you are doing it." That's what I feel about blogging... it is good for me. Robert Muller, the ex-United Nations guy has some comments on writing that illustrate this point.

"To write is to live twice."

"Hidden wisdom is no good. Every wise person must publish his wisdom through speaking, writing, action, story telling at every stage of life." (I would add that most have some wisdom to share)

"To write can be a form of praying, a way of thanking God for the magnificent gift of life."

"Write in order to know yourself.
Write to help your human brothers and sisters
Write to give happiness to others."


I am pleased I started blogging. I enjoy the outlet. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

You've given me inspiration today. You've got a beautiful slant on life and I agree blogging is a gift - if only to oneself, but who knows?

Thanks,
Rhonda