Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunday burble....

Hours of work

For interest I have been keeping a tote of the hours I have worked... From Tuesday morning to Sunday lunch time it came to 60 hours for the week. There were times when I wondered if I would cope or get things done on time but I did! I don't think I made a muck up of anything. My first two weeks back at work have been around 60 hours. I wonder if it will improve?

Exercise report

I am still trying to exercise regularly. Here is last weeks report. I ran last Saturday and Sunday. I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday. I went to the gym on Thursday morning. I walked quickly for three and a quarter hours at the relay for life. I am going to run soon. (In the rain!) When I ran on Wednesday I had times when I felt good. I hope I am starting to get fit again. 

People are good

Workplace support (Chaplaincy) entered a team in the Relay for life. This is a fundraiser for the Cancer Society. Walkers walk around a track for 24 hours with each team carrying a banner and having to have one person on the track all of the time. The teams are sponsored and money raised given to the cancer society who support those suffering cancer. It has rained non-stop in Dunedin since Friday! They shortened the relay to a 12 hour stint. It was damp and cool but there were still hundreds of people, rugged up in all sorts of attires, laughing, chatting and enjoying the event, happy to raise money for the cause. After my Saturday wedding I joined them and always find myself encouraged by the atmosphere of such events. There may be all sorts of bad news about humanity, but there is a lot of good. I fell into step next to a woman I know, she is the daughter of a man I had in chaplaincy. We had chatted for a few minutes and she was asking about Christmas Dinner and offering to work at our next Christmas Dinner, wanting to do stuff for people. It was a buzz being among such people. 

No comments: