Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Thursday, February 19, 2009

In the middle of one of those days!

Today has been a day when things could have been easier. I spent much of the morning listening to a sad, angry bereaved friend...I think I had to be there for her but I had so much else I needed to be doing. I had to record a radio service and had not done enough preparation for it. I have made it though and am just "taking a moment" before our Friday night drop-in centre starts up. By the time I get home tonight I will have worked 13hours non-stop. 47 for the week so far. Tomorrow a wedding to lead, the relay for life at night maybe early morning, then Sunday responsibilities. People say to me, "You ministers only work on Sundays don't you?" Not this one.

I will be walking in the Relay for Life fundraising event with a few people from Workplace Support (Industrial chaplaincy) Supporters can donate by going to www.cancerotagosouth.org.nz They do make some suggested amounts but that can be adjusted. Click on "Relay for Life Donation" link down the left side of the page and select "Dunedin" Select the "Workplace Support" team to make your donation. We will have someone walking the track for the full 24 hours.

Wish me luck for a very full weekend.

No comments: