Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Monday, February 16, 2009

Life is difficult ... but great!

Sometime during the night and day today a penny dropped in my mind. On Sunday's post I sounded really gloomy saying "life is difficult". We encounter a whole series of challenges and difficulties in life. It sounds pessimistic, but it need not be. A week ago I told of an extremely difficult day spent tramping, but said that it was one of the highlights of my holidays. The same is true of life. Life is a challenge! We are called to be the best we can be in all circumstances, and that makes for a challenging journey. We are mortal... there will come a time when David Brown will be no more! BUT... because life is difficult and mortal we value so much of what we experience. Friendships and family are deeply important. Experiences are tasted and relished. Achievements and personal growth are special. Just like my day tramping, because the journey of life is difficult, we can appreciate its richness, depth and pleasure.

I still feel for people going through the grief and pain of life though. It is a reminder to relish every day. (2 posts in one day! I'm addicted!)

No comments: