Dunedin, New Zealand, my city - my people

Monday, September 5, 2011

"Oh woe is me!"

It is my birthday, but I am feeling crap. I have an energy sapping head cold. I am in my heated office, but still feeling cold. In recent years when it has been my birthday I have had a funeral or something. I have a busy enough day today with an evening meeting, it is just a normal day, but I am grumpy about being sick. (It is the worst I have felt for a long time) But I have just been reminded to stop my "Woe is me" moaning and get on with it. I have been working through my "to do" list for today. One thing I have to fit in is to deliver a wheel chair. Yesterday I did repairs to a wheel chair the Church owns. Today I deliver it to a lady who tomorrow receives her mother from the hospital. Mum (about my age) has had a brain tumor and, according to a lady who asked about a wheel chair, has a quality of life not much better than a "vegetable"... she can't do anything for herself. She is not going to get better.  I have a brother-in-law battling cancer who is not expected to get better. (Never write people off - he is a battler) But just these two incidents make my head cold pretty insignificant don't they? They also make my self-pity very small minded. :-)

No comments: